I'm a firm believer in not cluttering a blog with posts written within a year or less of each other.  Yearly blogging is what keeps the people coming back.  They call this writing element "Suspense."

Or "raising a tiny human with no leftover energy to blog."  Either way.

I tried to Tweet for a while there but I can't seem to work well within the restraints of 140 characters.  I'm an internal processor who likes to process via writing, so my hashtags alone end up exceeding the character limit.  #dontlimitmetwitter #howdoesmileycyrusdoit

I will share one of my most recent Tweets however, because it just deserves that kind of public exposure.

"Your eyebrows look really nice, they've really grown in!"  #stuffmymomsays #thankyou?

Since my last installment here, approximately 18 months ago, I've gotten some sleep, watched my baby turn into a delightful toddler, and decided to bake another kid inside of me who I hope to unveil to the world in the next 4 weeks or so.  No big deal.

I've developed a very well researched theory that the more your unborn child moves, the more calories you burn.  This is why I consumed TWO slices of tiramisu last night rather than just one.  You have to keep your strength up.  And the rum mostly burns off in the baking process.

In other news, we have a new kitty!

Sort of.


This is an artist's rendering of the four legged creature hat has wandered into our backyard the past two days.  My mom thinks it's a girl kitty because of the purple collar, but I still prefer to call it a "he."  Maybe so I won't get so attached.

My family is allergic to these delightful fuzzy creatures so we're limited to backyard kitties only.  He can sense we like him though as he's casually entered our home uninvited.  Twice.

Some questions my daughter has presented in regards to our new pet:

Emma: "Keeck da kitty?"
Me: "You want to kick the kitty?  With your foot?"
Emma: "Uh-huh"

Emma: "Kitty sving?"  (Translation: May I put the kitty on my swing?)
Emma: "Kitty snaugle?" (Translation: May I suffocate the kitty with my loving tiny embrace?)
Emma: "Kitty holding?" (Translation: Same as above but asked in a different way.)

I'm pleased to say that as of today the kitty has remained un-kicked, un-svung, and un-snaugled.

But who knows what will happen in the days to come.  And that, my friends, is again what they call suspense!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Spontaneity.