Happiness never melts.

So, I had a date night tonight with Josh and Emily. We whisked Emily away to our favorite Phnom Penh getaway, The Pizza Company. I have no words for the emotions and joys that come as a result of constructing the perfect salad bar creation (small bowl, a limit of one trip through, creative results), drinking from large refillable Coke glasses, and savoring a double pepperoni pan crust pizza. Heaven.

We all had seen our teams off to the airport today, Emily had picked up her incoming team who will head out tomorrow, and we simply enjoyed being together and talking. The point of this specific blog entry though is not only to review the finer points of The Pizza Company (there are many. I will e-mail them all to you if you'd like), but to say that Josh and Emily would have a similar forum to this one if they weren't the ones planning for each of the teams to come in :) It is amazing to see all that goes into each project and how hard everyone works to make it happen, both prior to, during, and after. I feel fortunate that I'm allowed the time to connect with people back home through this blog and to of course communicate on Josh and Emily's behalf :) I feel this might be my calling in life, speaking for other people.

So, all that to say, I will occasionally offer insights from these two for friends and family back home who hopefully can get a little glimpse into life over here. My first insight is this, Josh has taught me that if you want to beat the Cambodia sun, you have to get up at 5am to run before it gets unbearably hot. I applaud him for this as I roll back over and go to sleep. Emily has taught me that soda water is the healthy alternative to actual soda. And her bravery in the face of occasional ridicule for this is admirable. :)

It's Emily's mom's birthday today, my mom's birthday tomorrow, and Josh's mom's birthday next month. In light of these momentous occasions we picked the most appropriate gift we could find in all of Cambodia. We love our moms. And Swensen's ice cream shop.




Comments

Unknown said…
Wow Michelle--in light that you are the technological missionary I will push myself onward to comment for the first time on a blog--Thank you Thank you! It was a perfect birthday present--nothing could be better than see your smiling faces--and get to know you. I feel I already do a little through Elizabeth. Thanks for the news about Em and God bless you. Love Jacque (Emily's mom)

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.