Super

I think if I could choose one super power to possess in life, it would be the ability to simply look at a fitted sheet and know exactly which end to start with when making up the bed.  This would save me probably a solid 4 minutes over the course of my entire life based on some highly scientific mathematical equations I just came up with, and the embarrassing infrequency of my sheet washing.

"This is a cool car!" - Emma living large in the backseat of our fancy new minivan. She gets it.

Sadly, the former David Blaine status I'd achieved with my children abruptly subsided when less than a week after purchasing our fancy new minivan, the side with the magical self-opening power door became entirely unusable...

Until my husband magically fixed it this evening using some logic, skill, and a head lamp.

So now we're more like Penn and Teller, both incredibly magical, and one noticeably taller than the other.

In other news, you can be moving along at a fairly steady pace in life, feeling like maybe you're not doing such a bad job at this whole parenting thing, until one day you look over and your 4 year old is licking the booth at Alfy's...

I take solace in the fact that at least we weren't at McDonalds. Alfy's makes us sound kind of sporty (there was football on the giant TV's) if not impressively cultured because we're totally willing to wait for our cuisine to be freshly cooked. We don't need our chicken nuggets sitting under a heat lamp when we arrive. Why we even went so far as to have olives on our pizza because we're classy and love vegetables.

Speaking of classy, my husband and I had our wedding rehearsal dinner at Alfy's almost 8 years ago now. It was like celebrating having won the *8th grade regional volleyball championships all over again.

I'm almost 36 weeks pregnant now. My Baby Center update says my baby is equivalent to the size of severe discomfort and "Get whatever fruit equivalent this thing is out of me immediately."

I have a hair appointment on Saturday. Baby can come any time after that. Even a baby should be able to appreciate this.

We have this new fancy Jetsons-esque chair all ready for her to cozy up in for 4-6 hour sleep increments right from the beginning. I just keep having children to see if I can get one that sleeps.

George tests out all of our baby gadgets first. And then breaks them. But is somehow rewarded for it in the end. Just like in the books.


I think one of the surest signs that I need to have this baby outside of the womb is my apparently increasing pregnancy brain, which includes sending my child to preschool without a jacket (I figured her newfound immunities from the lining of the Alfy's booth would be sufficient protection...) and beginning to place a pack of frozen ground turkey in our pantry to defrost, rather than the fridge. I think having a third child to care for externally will only sharpen my memory and decision making skills.

*My team did not actually win, or participate in, the regional volleyball championship at any point. I did play volleyball however, as I have the awkward photos to prove it. And my mom says I'm very athletic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.