Scrubs.

I am proud to say that I made it nearly 3 full months living in Cambodia without getting sick.

Nearly.

We got on the bus from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh on Monday and I noticed my stomach felt a bit funny. I attributed this to a mid-morning snack of Pringles and salted cashews (I am terribly healthy). The feeling lingered throughout the day, never getting worse (even despite eating lunch at KFC), yet never entirely subsiding either. I went to bed that night feeling not so great and over the course of the next 2 days developed a close relationship with both our bathroom and our bed. I was quite grateful to be at home in my own bed while sick, with a very kind man I am married to who took good care of me. The exciting part of it all (aside from sleeping more than I was awake) was that because I couldn’t keep any liquids down (these are the details people want to know) I got to have my first I.V. I am so brave.
























We are quite fortunate to have doctors on staff here who make sure we are all staying healthy (and hydrated). Along the way Josh got a crash course in nursing from our doctor who confidently informed him that he (Josh) would later have to change my I.V. bag switching it out for a new one. The doctor told us that when the last bag was finished Josh would of course have to take off the tape around my I.V. and safely remove it.

Of course.

The doctor also gave a brief crash course in using a blood pressure machine and then left the machine with us. These things are handy to have around. We know that.

So at approximately 11:45 that night we woke up, shook off a bit of sleep, and Josh put into practice those minutes of medical training he had previously obtained. I'm happy to say that I am sufficiently hydrated now, I.V. successfully removed, and very grateful to be on the mend. And Josh is practically a doctor. Win-win.

Comments

Marcus said…
Look at the bright side - people usually lose some weight when they're sick. You can shed some of those extra pounds! Actually, never mind, I was thinking of me. What did you eat again?
Those tips that Josh learned may come in handy again later~ what a great nurse he is for you:)

I had Lasik yesterday and so far so good! I've had no problems with my eyes but I didn't do so well afterward with the medication they gave me to relax with. On the drive home, I got sick and then continued off and on until this afternoon. So, I know how you feel in spending some time with the toilet:) But, I'm finally feeling good and enjoying my eyesight with no contacts or glasses - yahoo!
Unknown said…
wow... talk about true love.
Emily said…
You ARE so brave! I am glad you survived. I don't know what this world would do without the witticism and charm of Michelle... now Ferguson!

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Spontaneity.