Home sweet home.

A common question people ask us here in Cambodia is “Where exactly do you live?”

The real answer is that the majority of our time is spent living in guest houses while out with teams :) But when we are “home” we live in a house in Phnom Penh on the same property where some of our other staff lives and where our offices are located. Google maps Cambodia (which I thought I had just invented but actually exists) shows that we are located exactly 30 minutes from everywhere, including the Training Center (which is also where we attend church when home), the airport, the river front, post office, and most importantly The Pizza Company.

I said above that we live in a house, but in all reality as of roughly 3 weeks ago we live more specifically in a turkey pen.

I do not exaggerate.













This is what greets us as we step out onto our front porch each morning.













So far I have discovered 3 positives to living in a turkey pen.

#1. When you come near them their feathers puff up.

#2. They help chase away any snakes that might be living in our yard (just kidding, for my mom..for everyone else, it's true).

#3. Thanksgiving is less than 2 months away.

Just down the driveway from the turkeys are the offices.













Near the offices are a variety of other animals that graze and/or attack at will.

These are 3 of our 9 dogs. (RIP Bucko)












This one (Lady) has died approximately 17 times now and miraculously returned to life. Apparently her purpose in life is not finished. Her purpose in our life is to lazily walk us to the gate of our turkey pen when we return home at night.












This one is Spud. He is famous both in Ted's newsletters and in local celebrity status for his hunting abilities. Until yesterday I don't know that any of us truly believed he was as impressive of a hunter as he is. We watched in awe as Spud discovered and consumed a small community of mice that had recently moved into an overflowing basket of lollipops in Ted and Sou's office. This is why Spud is our favorite.













Next to the dogs are the roosters and chickens.













Our geese. (Do not anger them....trust me on this..)













And last but not least, our tire farm. Because that is where tires come from.
And for those who have wondered how we get around when we're in Phnom Penh, surprisingly enough given our surroundings, it does not involve any animals. Instead we drive 30 minutes to our nearest destination in our sweet Kia Sportage.

Because we are terribly rugged and sporty that way.

Comments

Hehehe...I love your sense of humor! Still trying to figure out how a dog has died 17 times though! LOL
Anonymous said…
wow! what an adventure! I am so glad you happened by my blog and commented... I have another blog I read of a missionary family in Thailand and I love to learn about their lives..and I am excited to add your blog to my reading list!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Spontaneity.