Halloween 2010!

We figure there's no better way to wrap up a church planting conference on October 31st than to eat some Albertson's chicken, fill a bowl with tootsie rolls and smarties, and dress up in our stylish new Value Village purchases just in time to watch literally THOUSANDS of children flock to our front door to enjoy both the flavorful candy, and our impressive flare for creative costuming...

Proof of our impeccable taste.



















Sidebar: A glimpse of what I would've looked like pregnant in the 70's.




















We started our evening off feeling strong, confident....


















Both in our candy selection and impressive graphic design skills. What child can resist pumpkin clip art??
















All children.

Apparently all children can resist clip part as proven by the fact that our evening lingered on, yet our candy supply remained unchanged.


















Desperation. Rejection. Not even a perfectly formed hairdo can remedy the heartbreak.


















Thankfully, we've never been ones to let a little Halloween Heartbreak ruin our fun, so we put on our new iTunes purchases for the evening including, "YMCA," "I Will Survive," and "Stayin' Alive," and danced the night away.

7:05pm.




















7:38


















7:45. Something goes terribly wrong. My hand gets caught in Josh's unkempt fro. Panic ensues.















The bad news: Josh loses a good chunk of hair.

The good news: We found Fred! He does love curling up in warm, overgrown places.













I decided to investigate further to see what else might be hiding in the abyss.














Eureka! No more straining noodles by hand! Oh Halloween antics, we like you.














So, all that to say, marry someone who will put on a fro and have a dance party with you to remedy otherwise disappointing holiday festivities. You'll thank me.

Comments

Jaime said…
Marital bliss to which everyone should aspire. I love you guys!
We love you too! And we wish you many afros and happiness!
Unknown said…
You guys are the funniest people I know. Thanks for a great end to my Halloween!

PS - We would've come by if we had known you were desperate. Next year, call us and we'll come with our brood. :)
Anonymous said…
You make my day. You should also blog more because you are briliant.

Love,
Katie
Stefanie, I'm glad we could add to your Halloween festivities :) Next year we'll have to move because this just won't do. Or we'll have to schedule appointmented times for people to come by. It could work. Did you wear your Lady Gaga costume??

Katie, I've always liked you. If they celebrate Halloween in Oregon, I hope you had an amazing celebration :)
Unknown said…
despite all the pictures and descriptions of halloween in
America, your post really reminded me of only one thing: Albertson's fried chicken.

It is by far the best fried chicken in the world, and you have reminded me that I can't have it. :)

glad you guys had fun and hope to see you when we're in the U.S. next.
First of all, I believe I have now made up a new word. "Appointmented." I'm not sure how that happened. Halloween creativity.

And Paul, in case it helps, we didn't actually have the fried chicken (but I completely agree that it is amazing!). We had just a whole rotisserie chicken. We hope to see you guys too! And meet your new addition :)

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.