I'll Be Home For Christmas.




















As the calendar officially changes to December and sounds of Amy Grant singing "O Come Let Us Adore Him" come from Emily's computer behind me, I am creating an iPod Christmas music play list (complete with a little classic FigTree21 - myspace.com/figtree21 - check it), and beginning to form a running list in my head of all the many things I look forward to this Christmas. I always love this time of the year, but it seems especially wonderful after being away from home now for 7 months :)

These are a few of my favorite things about going home for Christmas:

-The song of the same title takes on new significance (even after singing it over 11 times in a row...)
-I get to see the people I love!!! :)
-Repeated viewings of the movie Elf. "What's a Christmas-gram!? I want one!"
-Cookies! Banana Bread. Pumpkin Pie.
-Egg Nog Lattes
-Christmas Music

-Charlie Brown holiday specials on TV
-Christmas Day parades
-Getting to hold my husband’s hand in public without feeling scandalous :)
-Fleece blankets.
-Fire places.
-Christmas lights.
-Snow! (even if we have to drive to find it)

The official Cambodia countdown to going home is now at 3.5 days!..... :)

Comments

Emily said…
"Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?"

Can't wait to see you!!
"The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

tee-hee...love that movie!!

I will be praying for a safe trip home for you! You must be so beyond excited!!
megan said…
How exciting that you guys are coming home for 3 weeks! I am sure we will see you at church. Have a safe trip.

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.