Auld Lang Syne.

It is New Years Eve here in Cambodia. Josh and I had a delicious dinner at the Phnom Penh FCC (pizza and half price smoothies and cokes…perfect!) and are now sitting back in our room reflecting on our time here and all that this new year potentially holds for us. We both have running lists of goals, dreams, and areas of growth we want to achieve this year. The Lord continues to be incredibly gracious to us in our time of living here. We love being married and sharing this time in Cambodia. It truly is an adventure. And it is stretching and challenging to the both of us at times, but we trust (even when we fight against it) that the Lord is using every piece of our time here for a purpose.

I don’t want to miss those moments He brings along. I don’t want to shrug them off in frustration or dismiss the profound when it comes wrapped in the ordinary. I find that a great deal of what the Lord longs to produce in me requires nothing more than my humility and trust. And perhaps my attention. I partner eagerly with Him to begin with and then slowly trail off to follow distraction or veer from difficulty.

I desire more this year. More of the Lord, more from myself, and many more opportunities to be present in each moment.

“For the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek Him, he will be found by you.” 1 Chronicles 28:9




Comments

Emily said…
... the profound wrapped in the ordinary...

Oh what a beautiful reminder. Such an eloquent statement of truth.

That is my life these days, summed up in one lovely sentence.

Thank you.

And happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.