Bird by bird.

"Writing can be a pretty desperate endeavor, because it is about some of our deepest needs: our need to be visible, to be heard, our need to make sense of our lives, to wake up and grow and belong." - Anne Lamott

And this is why, more than 2 months after my last entry, I am dusting off this space in an attempt to inhabit it once again.

I made one New Years Resolution this year. And it was to write something, anything, every single day of the year.

I made it to January 3rd.

But now I am being terribly inspired as I read through Anne Lamott's "Bird by Bird" where she will slowly reveal to me every single thing I ever needed to know about writing (I have lofty demands..) and a tad bit uninspired as I spend forty hours a week refilling vacant copier paper trays, sweeping away the unsightly remains of mangled staples, visiting the exotic land of "bulk mail," and entering numbers into a computer that each reveal the generous donations of people giving back to their own community.

And it's that last bit of work that I attempt to hang onto as I wander through the rest of it, over-thinking, under-praying, and always just a little bit uncertain of where I fall in the grand scheme of things.

Sometimes I suppose the Lord allows us a discomfort if it means He can better move and shape us.

Fair enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.