A lesson in popularity.

If you want to feel popular one day a year, I have a few handy steps for achieving your goal.

#1. Figure out when your birthday is.

#2. Advertise this date on Facebook.

#3. Get lots of friends on Facebook, it doesn't matter if you talk to them in real life. Virtual friendship has many merits.

#4. When your birthday rolls around sit back and watch thousands of people tell you how great you are and what a happy birthday they hope you have.

#5. Feel totally great about yourself, despite the process of aging and making poor eating choices on your birthday.

All this to say, I had a pretty delightful birthday yesterday. It included all of my favorite things minus one favorite person in my life currently residing in China (though not for long!).

Here are some things that made my birthday utterly wonderful.

Sausage Egg McMuffins and Hash browns. Breakfast of champions.















My first visit to the clothing store H&M. I fell in love. And bought some delightful pieces that will cater to baby bump or non-baby bump. Sadly, the boy section, with all of its V-neck pink shirts and skinny ties did not quite have the same level of excitement for my husband...




















My handsome best friend and delightful half-caf Americano. Because kumquat needs just a little boost of energy sometimes.















Lapdesk and the book to beat all other baby books, "The Baby Owner's Manual." All my questions are now answered.



















The complete series of Seinfeld on DVD. It's a gift for the both of us. Basic cable can only take you so far in life.




















**COOKIE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

















I also received a long list of Happy Birthday greetings on my Facebook page from people I love and adore. And being the words-of-affirmation-loving-person that I am, I was entirely okay with this. Sweet words from a friend can be an encouragement like nothing else.

It can remind you of who you really are, who you hope to be, and what that person fully believes you are capable of. I love friendships like that. And I am blessed to have so many of them in my life.

And cookie cake. I am also blessed by cookie cake. True story.


**Not my actual cookie cake.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks for making me smile. And I love the disclaimer about the cookie cake. You are one of my favorite people. For real. :)
Kelsey said…
We have the baby owner's manual! Steve bought it. "Because it's a manual, there are no "feelings" in a manual."
Unknown said…
I'm with Josh in the distaste for pink (or any other color) V-neck tees. Glad you had a great day & we're looking forward to seeing you guys and your little one next summer!
Stef, my real cookie cake is nearly gone. It changes my life a little with every sugary bite.

Kelsey, that is quite funny about Steve. I bought the book because of the cool looking diagrams. I prefer to judge a book by that.

Paul, are you guys coming out this way next summer?

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.