It's like Facebook, but without the self-assurance of that little "Like" button

It's 10:30 at night.  My children have been silent for at least an hour now.  I normally pride myself on being someone who never complains about the heat in WA, but when it makes the tiny people I live with unable to sleep well, I take some issue.

Since I can't bring myself to be creative on two separate social media outlets, here's a little glimpse at my earlier Facebook status which prompted this fancy blog entry on this super high tech site with the ridiculously long name...

"There is nothing sweeter than the sound of a tiny voice saying "Mama."

Unless of course it is at full volume, from behind a bedroom door, competing with the screams of a 9.5 month old in a separate room, for the entirety of what should have been an afternoon nap.  In the above case, it can be likened to the sound of screeching metal, cats in heat, booming fireworks that awaken your children at night, and of course the merciless death of a mother's dream of being alone to eat banana bread and virtually pin things she will never have time or energy to complete.

The end."

Now, perhaps I wasn't entirely fair to myself in regards to my Pinterest endeavors.  I mean after all I did make THIS today!


Well, sort of.  I spent a good 3 hours total cooking, cooking, cooking...and really just burning the heck out of this concoction below...



Yep.

One of my goals in life is to really make Pinterest proud, so I do crazy things like substitute avocado for butter and maple syrup for refined sugar.  It sounds really impressive on paper, but apparently it doesn't translate to photography. 

In the end it was probably my most hideous of Pinterest creations and yet it was entirely delightful, and I may have consumed nearly the entire thing today with a small amount of help from the eldest tiny human..

On a final note, you know it's been a bit of a long day when you hear a loud crash from the living room and come in to find your almost 10 month old son in his walker, his sister's plate of fruit on the floor, and an oversized watermelon rind in his adorable grabby hands.  And you do nothing but take a picture and go back to making dinner...





Comments

StephSouthwick said…
Ha ha ha. Most delighful. Thanks for sharing your life.

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.