We are young.

I turned 35 today.  It's easier to type that out than write it down on paper.  I just feel as if what I equate this elusive "35" to be is so far from where I am.  I am partly a grown up now I suppose because I go grocery shopping, I've been driving for almost 20 (!!!!) years, I just became physically ill while typing that last portion, and I have tiny people that call me "Mama" and demand that I put their needs ahead of my own (for the most part).

I had envisioned waking up rested and refreshed this morning to greet the new number I am privileged to wear.  Instead, I found myself quite awake and in tears at 4:15 am because my husband's kind plan to give me the night off was met with deafening protests from a teething one year old.  It was a chance to catch up on my East Coast early morning birthday wishes on Facebook however, so there's the bright side.

Sidenote, sometimes, I just throw commas into my paragraphs somewhat randomly because I'm uncertain as to how they should be used. That's one thing I'm unwilling to leave behind with 34.

I feel like birthdays are a second shot at New Years resolutions.  I love a good, solid fresh start.  Sometimes I need to have about 48 of them in a day with my sweet three year old.  Some of my personal resolutions for this new year include healthier eating (after tomorrow when Briell brings over McDonalds for lunch...), an increase in my prayer life throughout my days, a stronger understanding and conviction of my identity in Christ, and more creative outlets.  I will of course be continuing to impress social media with my Pinterest recipes and creations, including this latest one below.  It looks like it's straight out of an amazon.com picture I realize, but it was actually taken in my home and created completely by hand out of leftover boxes from unnamed products.

I give to you, Emma and Ben's very own washer and dryer.  Also, it should be noted that I made this when I was only 34, so look for a more energy efficient version of this to appear on the interweb in the next 12 months.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Spontaneity.