Parenting expertise


Though we had an incredible summer filled with trips and new memories, it’s also been a really challenging season of parenting these last few months. So naturally I sat down to write out a few of the ways I would define my past 8 years of parenting experience for all of Instagram to glean from! πŸ’πŸ»‍♀️⁣

Parenting is...using Google to diagnose my child’s every ailment (eczema, allergies, sleep struggles, sniffles, coughs, food pickiness, etc). ⁣

Parenting is...reading 852 online articles about how to raise children, and failing the author of each of those articles consistently. ⁣

Parenting is...having one child very much like me and two children quite different than I am, and learning to see that as an opportunity to grow rather than ongoing defeat. 😬⁣

Parenting is...apologizing to my kids regarding MY behavior more often than I care to admit. ⁣

Parenting is...going to the birthday party of my best friend’s 5 year old twins where my three year old proceeds to give everyone the stink eye, scream over various highly important things, and then yell, “My tummy hurts!” before her diaper explodes all over the bedroom floor of the birthday girls... πŸŽ‰ ⁣
(Parenting is also the awkwardness I feel when my 3.5 year old is still in diapers...)⁣

Parenting is...reading sweet poems about how the days are long but the years are short and your kids are going to grow up and leave you so you better enjoy when they poop on the floor at a birthday party RIGHT NOW. πŸ’© ⁣

Parenting is...realizing my desperate need for grace and wisdom and Jesus. ⁣

Parenting is...the chipping away at my pride as the tiny parts of my heart running around in the world don’t always reflect me in the most flattering way. ⁣

Parenting is...not letting the hardest days define me and not letting the very best days make room for judgment of another Mama trying to navigate the same road. ⁣

Also, coffee and Target deserve some high praise here because they‘ve been with me through it all. ☕️🎯πŸ₯°⁣


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.