"For you a thousand times over....."

As we were waiting to catch a cab in Bangkok to the bus station, Josh and I wandered into a bookstore and I went out on a limb by spending $11 on "The Kite Runner." I tend to be a sucker for books that were made into movies (not my fault) and I thought it might be a good diversion for the plane and bus rides in my near future.

I was not disappointed. I flipped open the first few pages and was immediately drawn in, not only to the story itself (which is quite riveting), but also to the way it inspired me to write. I appreciate books like that (and songs). I think good art doesn't only seek to be appreciated, but seeks to inspire. That is what this book did.

I journaled more than I might normally be prone to because of this book and found myself capturing moments throughout each day of the past week and a half.

Josh and I had been married a full 3 days before stepping on the plane that would take us to Taipei and onto our home in Phnom Penh. We are now living in a house that is shared with a few others and have the third floor to ourselves in a large room that feels more and more like "ours." It has all of the essentials of a new home such as a bathroom, dresser, fan, screens on the windows, and a $3 nerf basketball hoop. We could ask for no more.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.