Dynamic Duos.

Because I am now such a consistent, conscientious “blogger,” (strange enough word to warrant quotation marks) I feel the need to offer both the high and low points of my days here in Cambodia.

I am all about honesty and realism in my journalistic efforts, we all know this. In light of that, it is with a heavy heart that I say I have lost a dear, faithful companion who served me well over these past 11 months of living and walking the dusty roads of Cambodia.

It is the other half of what once comprised a most glorious pair of flip flops.

I bought them on a whim before coming here at the store formerly known as “G.I. Joe’s.” When I found out they sold more than action figures I was intrigued…

I walked out of the store with what would become the most comfortable and supportive (in so many ways) pair of flip flops I have ever owned.

Trouble, however, began with the innocent mistake of leaving them in the sun to dry for the morning (because the front right wheel of our car had settled much too far and entirely too fast into some deceptive mud the night before....but that's for another blog) and returning later to the scene of a crime.

A robbery to be more specific.

Now, it may seem like a careless mistake to leave your shoes outside when you live on a property with roughly 83 dogs (or so it seems), but this is Cambodia where flip flops abound on steps and in doorways and in various other locations where they are free to lie undisturbed! This is what we've come to expect.

But as we drove in from church on Sunday, after having searched briefly for the flip flop earlier that morning, Josh glanced over his left shoulder and caught a glimpse of something lying in the yard....

"I don't think you want to look. It's dead."

While we can't prove who did it, we do have a line up of some of the loud, unruly suspects we believe may have been involved...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.