"As long as we've got each other..."

Exactly one year ago today, I had made plans to be a part of a very important, very sacred ceremony. It is one that involves an aisle, a gown, and the celebration of a wonderful, life-changing event.

This is the day I would have joined with a sizable group of others as we each received our college diplomas.

(And yes, I would have been 28 at the time, which means it was an accomplishment many years in the making :)

Not many things in this world could have kept me from such a momentous occasion.

And when I woke up on May 3, 2008, I looked forward to a day that would indeed bring with it a walk down an aisle, a beautiful gown, and celebrating with friends, family, and the man who I would pledge to love, to honor, and to follow….even if it meant moving halfway around the world :)

He is also the man who recently spent $1.08 in the iTunes store in order to begin our now-daily tradition of listening to, yes, you guessed it….

The theme song from “Growing Pains.” As I am certain is true for many other couples worldwide, it has become our theme song (complete with elaborate hand motions and a near knowledge of the actual lyrics). And if there were a way to play it as the backdrop to this post, I would.

So here is to our first year of marriage!

To encompass an entire year in one single post is no small task, but some of the milestones include:

-Leading 13 teams together (with 5 more coming soon!)
-Countless conversations rich with depth, purpose, dreams, and the occasional (frequent?) displays of pure silliness
-Laughter rich with things that perhaps no one else would find as funny :)
-Date nights to The Pizza Company and finally getting to date in general after we got married!
-Learning each other, working together, worshiping together, praying together, challenging one another to not be content with less than the fullest that God has for us.

In all of this, there is no one else I would rather stand next to. No one else I am more proud of. No other hand I’d rather hold (when we can sneak in such scandalous affection). No one else I would rather beat at darts (what?). No one more consistent, more encouraging. No one else I would rather laugh with, grow with, adventure with, and be known by.

From Safeco Field, to winter hiking at Lake 22, to Phnom Penh Cambodia, and soon back home to Washington…

To the man who has loved me well, allowed me the gift of being fully known and fully accepted, and who continues to challenge, inspire, and let me know in hundreds of ways throughout the day how much he loves me. You, Joshua Ferguson, have my heart, my respect, and many more years ahead to add to this growing list of life and adventure together :)

I love you!


Comments

Emily said…
Congratulations!!!!
Linda Raymond said…
Wow! I am speechless (a rarity for me!) and deeply moved, my beloved missionaries. As I have said many times, if anyone doubts the power of prayer, they have only to look at the two of you to know that it is the MOST powerful force in this world. Warmest wishes and prayers for many more blessed years...your marriage is truly a dream-come-true for this humble madre/madre-in-law.
xxxxoooo
Anna said…
Happy Anniversary! I'm happy you found each other and have kept each other close! Cheers!

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.