This is the LIFE...

Our new staff member, Ryan, arrived on Thursday morning and we greeted him with a whirlwind of new culture, new people and no shortage of activity over the past 2 and a half days. He has been a great sport about it all, settling in well and sharing his passion for the Lord and for the nations with us. We are excited to see all that the Lord has for him here! And we are grateful to be able to pass the role into his very capable hands as we transition home in a few months.

One of the greatest parts of him coming happened on the day of his arrival when he reached into his backpack and pulled out a Costco size bag of LIFE cereal.

I thought I heard angels singing. I could be wrong but this is how I prefer to remember it. And with every bowl I have poured since Thursday (I believe the count is 4 thus far) I have felt all of Heaven, along with the Quaker Oats guy, smiling down upon me as I consume my favorite morning cereal square by square (to make it last longer...).

To encapsulate the past 4.5 months I have gone without having LIFE in my life, our creative friend Aric Nesheim sent along this tribute. It is fitting. And dramatic. Two things I love.

Comments

Nes said…
"...I have felt all of Heaven, along with the Quaker Oats guy, smiling down upon me..."I hate to admit it, but this is extraordinarily creepy.

However, I would like to share my utmost gratitude and let you know what an honor it is to be mentioned on the famous Life in Cambodia blog. You might as well put me on the front page of the of some righteous underground indi newspaper and say something like, "This guy right here."

A warning: Don't eat too much LIFE too frequently. You know as well as I do that it soon becomes boring... and then what will you have to look forward to in LIFE?
Unknown said…
i think it's great that Life is on your wishlist as well! we're probably the only four missionaries in the world that export life cereal for our own consumption!

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Spontaneity.