Inspiration.

I'm not doing a stellar job at this blogging thing.  I felt a burst of inspiration after Glen Grove shared some kind words this week about how he enjoyed the blog when I was in Cambodia.

Helping widows and orphans in a third world country is a seemingly far more glamorous platform than disclosing my thoughts about diapers and sleep schedules.

....On that note, I am on the fence with Target diapers.  Sometimes I think I might as well skip the diaper since her pants end up doing most of the work.  Incidentally, the Cambodians would endorse the no-diaper route. 

....On the other note, we slept a solid 7+ hours last night.  That's THREE nights in a row of sleep.  I really shouldn't be so dependent on coffee at this point because of that fact.

But you know I can't resist you, tall Americano with one pump of classic and room for cream (just in case anyone should ever need that helpful information).

Aside from unabashed kindness from Glen, I also feel inspired whenever I read http://www.hootenannie.com/  I stumbled upon it through Emily Aichele's blog and was hooked.  Every single time I read it, I want to blog.

Like that time I listened to Jonatha Brooke's "10 Cent Wings" CD for the first time and was at my most prolific for the week following. 

Inspiration is one of my favorite things.

Also, Americanos, as previously mentioned.

And lastly, for my contribution to the inspiration thread, I offer this, which I did not write. 

1 Cor 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 

This is highly encouraging to me whether digging in the dirt in Southeast Asia or watching a cute baby smile in my living room.

Also...I must admit (though I feel like I'm secretly betraying a part of myself by doing so) to singing along with the Steven Curtis Chapman song that is based on this verse and played regularly on KCMS.  I think I feel most like a mom when driving with a monkey mirror in my back seat and KCMS on the radio...

Comments

hootenannie said…
I'm in the same category as Jonatha Brook's "10 Cent Wings"???!? This is basically the best category to be in, ever.

Cambodia or diaper talk, consider me subscribed. :)
Jonatha Brooke was pretty excited to be in the same category as you, rumor has it. Also, the Americano felt equally as flattered. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.