Refreshing.

I have admittedly not been blogging at naptime lately.  I've been doing dishes, reading, occasionally napping myself, and generally basking in the times when Emma does sleep.  We've had a rough time lately with nighttime sleep.  I went from feeling entirely defeated on Monday night (at last count I had woken up 5 times with the tiny human) to this same tiny human sleeping from 7pm to 5:30am this morning (and pulling her into bed with us as we all fell back asleep).  Quite the contrast.

I had the distinct privilege during my "defeated" days of getting to attend the Northwest District Conference for local pastors and leaders.  I wish I could start each morning by refocusing myself on the Lord accompanied by a live band like these guys.  So good. 

The Starbucks helped too. 

I walked away from the conference feeling very refreshed.  And not only because there were so many willing arms ready to snuggle Emma.  But partly that.  It was mostly hearing from such excellent communicators who were there to encourage, inspire, and remind us of the point of all of this.  Not just about getting together to find a safety net of people who believe the same things, but to gather for the same cause, learning how to be a bridge and not an obstacle for people getting to know Jesus. 

Emma is awake.  And happy.  We are both so much better for each other when well rested :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.