Harvest Time

I had the delightful privilege of meeting some new lady friends (as I like to call them) last night as we played Bunko at Hilary's house.  I consumed more M&M's, Skittles, gluten-free apple pie (homemade no less), and Jelly Belly's than I care to remember.  I can't be blamed for this.  But I can blame the sugar rush (or most specifically the sugar crash) on my inability to focus during the second round. 

I could also attempt to blame the red dye #6 treats on my inability to win.  But because it is culturally appropriate to yell out "You're the Biggest Loser!"  in crowds now, I was deemed as such, given this lovely basket, and felt like it was my birthday/National Coffee Day all over again! 

Incidentally, I can also make my entire Halloween costume this year out of what I won! (I'll figure Hilary into the costume as well somehow)  Perhaps my multi-purpose jack-o-lantern glasses will ensure that we avoid the Halloween 2010 Debacle we all remember so well...

Also, on a smaller scale, I was quite disappointed that our Pumpkin Patch outing got rained out yesterday and I was unable to retrieve a tiny little pumpkin.  BUT thanks to my very poor dice rolling skills, I now possess not one, but TWO tiny pumpkins!  The tiny human loves them!  Or so I assume.

Speaking of assumptions (terrible segue), I never assumed I would be hanging out with the Scandretts and hear Paul say, "You remind me of that girl on the new show Thursday nights...Whitney!"

He was saying this more along the lines of my "personality doppelganger," rather than my look alike.  While I admit to laughing at parts of the show in spite of myself, I can't fully buy into it.  Too many laugh breaks in the dialogue. 

     Sidebar: Josh and I decided we should download apps on our phone so we could also take breaks during our conversations for appropriate laughter.  It does give us more time to think of witty banter, so I can't fault you too much Whitney and long-haired Whitney's boyfriend.

I was resisting the comparison until the next phrase to come out of Paul's mouth was something like "You also remind me of that lady Flo in the Progressive Insurance commercials!"


Again, in personality (or so he claimed) rather than actual Doppel. 

I pick Whitney.

No.  Actually, I think I'll go ahead and stick to my obvious and preferred TV personality doppelganger, thank you very much.


I have the sass of a 14 year old pop star sometimes, combined with an uncommonly deep voice when I have a head cold, like I did last night at Bunko.  "Sweet niblets!"

And that my friends is what they call a full circle moment.  Thank you Oprah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.