Birthday Fun.


First of all, the tiny human we live with is 5 months old today!  And I'm fairly certain she and I were both awake at the exact time of her birth (6:07am) as we were both up approximately every hour and a half to two hours last night.  We apparently can't get enough birthday fun...

She was far too busy doing big kid things to bother looking at the camera for this picture.  We'll go let her run around the McDonalds Playland later.

According to this story, Coffee consumption may lower risk of depression in women I have consumed one mug of anti-depressants today.  3 more and I'd be that much closer to happiness.

My personal take on it is that after 4 cups of coffee per day, I would be so caffeinated as to have no real gauge of my emotional state.  And I'd likely type much faster.

Speaking of typing faster, I decided at the gym the other day (where all of my major life decisions take place) that when I eventually go back to work, I would like to be employed by the company who does the Closed Captioning for television.  I think this could be my calling.

Or being a backup dancer.  I can't let go of that one just yet.

Last night, Josh and I had the privilege of spending time with Mat and Suzan Bartee.  We love them.  It's impossible not to.  And not only because they came with us to our new church.  Or because they are two of the funniest people you will ever meet.  Or because their son Adam hung out with Emma the majority of the evening and seemed to genuinely enjoy it.  And not even because Suzan is a fabulous cook who both spoiled us with a fancy dinner and sent us home with enough food to make a whole meal tonight. 

It's mostly because they spoiled me with tiramisu and presents last night!  

Yep.  That's mostly it.   

But the other things help :)

I still have the lung capacity of a 28 year old.  Astounding. 
They gave me the game "Bananagrams."  A few weeks ago at church Suzan was asking me if I'd ever played it, as they'd just discovered it.  She suggested I go out and buy it, but then quickly gasped, I believe some birthday talk transpired, and she said "No, DON'T buy it."

And here we are.

I think it's like Fruit Scrabble.  Lucky for me, I know how to spell cantaloupe, so I anticipate winning every time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.