Oh, I see.

"Our biggest blessings make terrible gods." - Liz Sawczuk

We had our second Ladies Life Lite session today and although we've all agreed that the videos we watch are a tad on the cheesy side, the group of women I'm privileged to sit with have enough depth and vulnerability to easily balance it out :)

I'm not sure if I'm giving an entirely accurate quote above of what Liz shared today, but her thoughts struck a chord with me.  She talked about the frustrations that come when other people don't fulfill our expectations of them, when our agenda overrides God's and we set ourself up ultimately for disappointment.  She mentioned that our biggest blessings in life, whether it be our spouses, children, friends, etc, when placed before the Lord will only cause disorder and heartache.  And we can actually love them better by not placing them where they were never meant to be.

I found this so freeing and a great re-focusing point.  I've been memorizing 2 Cor 4:16-18 which coincides with the idea of keeping my heart and mind set on what is eternal rather than the tangible temporary things I grasp for.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never met someone who thinks so much like me...jinx!...Jinx again!

Where hope doesn't belong.